Recently I’ve noticed the regular Adblock Plus hasn’t been blocking the video ads on YouTube anymore, so I started to search for a solution and one option was a Chrome extension called Adblock for Youtube. This worked fine under Ubuntu but it never did under Windows 8. So using Chrome’s Web Developer Tools I noticed in the console it was stating certain files from certain domains was blocked. So back on my Windows 8 computer I added two custom filters that so far seam to be working to block the video ads. I also had it block the picture ad that would appear on the right side. The filters I used are below and as of today (May 17, 2014) they seam to work for now. I might end up trying to improve this but the main credits goes to the people who made Adblock for Youtube, although I’m not sure why it didn’t work in this case.