Most of my projects, are other people’s projects I was brought on to finish. So as such I only give a few bigger generalized examples below. If you’re interested in my skills and knowledge you can read that here.
2011 – Multiple Site News Distribution
What I did: I developed a basic system that would allow them to take an incoming news article and distribute it to any one of their 20+ website.
More Details: An administrator was provided an interface that would show articles submitted by other people, or the public in general, then they would see the article inside an editor where any corrections could be made. Then by clicking on the city’s name on the right side that article was inserted directly into that site’s content table, with images stored on a central website.
2012 – Wildlife Property Listing Site
What I did: This was a grounds up custom site. I was given a design and a few Photoshop mock ups of pages and tasked with building a system that would let one list property for sale, search for property for sale, along with a basic CMS for managing the actual content. All the while if the user wasn’t with the client then they’d be charged through PayPal.
More Details: The homepage listed the most recent property, then on each listing was a slideshow for up to 10 or 12 images, with related property that was close to it at the bottom. Then the advanced search had all the parameters of the data entry form, so if you wanted to only see property with one type of game present, you’d just check it. From this project I started to have somewhat of a basic framework I would later refine and re-use in future projects for that same client, that I will just call the C Framework.
2012 – Multiple Site News Distribution 2
Used: Joomla! 1.5 and newer on sites & C Framework for the interface
What I did: Grounds up redesign using Twitter’s Bootstrap framework for the front end, and the C Framework developed earlier in the year. Only this was for one person to put articles onto multiple websites owned by different people.
More Details: Since the sites was all owned by different clients I couldn’t use a single website for all the pictures, so instead the images are sent to each individual site, which had a small script for doing the final re sizing. This system also kept track of what articles was sent to what site, so if for some reason a site had to be restored from backup their recent articles could be re submitted.
2012-2015 – Standalone Single Site Content Creation
Used: Joomla! 1.5 and newer
What I did: I took the base from the Multiple Site News Distribution system 2, and stripped out everything related to multiple sites. The system had an image section so images uploaded would be re-sized and placed in the correct spot, depending upon the template. This way a user didn’t have to login to Joomla! to submit articles, but would instead login to this other system.
More Details: At first this system had it’s own users table, so it made adding and updating passwords difficult, until that was replaced where it would use the Joomla!’s user table. Over the years this has been changed, both in looks and behind the scene. At one time there was 4 active versions, before being replaced in 2015 with the Central Single Site Content Creation.